Thursday, October 8, 2009

Whats this???

Hey there people. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Paul Northrop. My friends call me Bubba. Anyways, this blog is going to be about my Bike and Build adventure. From all the training and prep I'll be doing before embarking all the way to the end of my ride. Now I'm sure some of you are asking whats the heck is a Bike and Build adventure? Bike and Build is a non-profit organization that helps bring awareness to the Affordable Housing cause. And here's the cool part. To bring that awareness my self and hundreds of other young adults from across the country are going to ride across the country on bikes. No not motorcycles, BICYCLES. That's right I'm gonna ride roughly 4000 miles on a pedal bike. And on the way my group and I will stop and do presentations on affordable housing issues, as well as actually help in the construction of actual houses. Also along with the intense train regimine I'm going to have to take on, I will be doing work with affordable housing groups in the area and working to raise money for affordable housing.

Ok so now you get the jest of this blog. So keep track and see how I do in the adventure of a lifetime.

For more about Bike and Build check out www.bikeandbuild.org

No comments:

Post a Comment